Whether to stay in NWA or move back to LR. I like both places.
Obvious pros to staying in the N-Dub would be my freedom and own place. Drawbacks- that whole money/cash flow thing. Most quick-grab jobs would fund rent/utilities, car-payment and little else. A temporary permanent situation?
Pros for the homeland- cheaper rent (just storage room fee per month!)/utilities divided by 3/ car payment (won't change) and a variety of tasty meals made with love. Cons- not living on own and zero social life. I don't need much. Just a little outside interaction.
Enter church membership/orchestral participation. I could do it in the LR. It would just be like starting over. Good thing for networking.
All that aside, I'm getting out there and still looking in both places and applying for what I feel I'd be a decent match or could lend some skills to in this state our nation finds itself perpetually in. And you know the question is coming if I ever do get back to a career in graphics.
"So, what did you do after you got laid off during the recession?"
I took a time out. I pouted. I re-evaluated my career. I relaxed. I job-shadowed. I helped my family out while my mom recovered from surgery and...
[insert next step/job here]
Still working on this portion. No easy answer to my future here. Some would say, don't put so much weight on this step. If I'm giving up unemployment, I want to make sure it is a good step in the meantime. Oh, not to mention one that pays slightly more.
Thoughts of the above usually have me riled up when I read about them or think about them. I know I need a well-rehearsed answer when asked to make an adult decision which is hard when you refuse to really grow up. Here lately, a friend from my previous job has been posting some interesting quotes about taking chances that encourage me to not think about it so much. I'm really afraid of being a dope in these times. I guess you can't go wrong just getting a job.
* BIG sigh *
I bet you're scrolling for that cake box recipe, aren't you? Well stop. Here it comes.
I learned this short cut from Home Economist, Linda Adams. She appeared on the Today's THV noon news show every third Wednesday to share recipes with anchor, Beth Ward, and the viewing audience. And guess who was paying attention? I have been using this substitution since I learned it and get rave reviews on my cakes as a result. I freely share, for cakes make people happy. Good cakes make people absolutely giddy.
Strawberry Short-Cut Cake
you'll need:
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 egg whites
- 1 individual serving of natural apple sauce in cup, no sugar added
- 1 cup water
To make Poke-Cake Version
you'll need:
- 1 box strawberry Jell-O
- 1 tub or can of Cool Whip (flavors optional)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
The basic cake recipe above can involve ANY flavor. It's best to match the pudding flavor with the cake flavor. Strawberry is hard to find but seems to come available during Breast Cancer awareness month. Maybe because it is pink? I also like to add Jell-O packets to can frosting for an extra kick. If you do this, do so sparingly. Lemon will absolutely knock you down.
There are no short cuts to life. But cake you can fudge.
>;)
1 comment:
Use your time while you have it. Take advantage of the safe place to fall if you need it. Know that there's a plan... even if it takes longer than you'd like to figure out what it is. And, in the meantime, eat cake.
:)
Post a Comment