Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Something Corporate- the news edition

Okay beloveds in blogger-land. Here is what is up since the last entry.

Got a job. Woo! I work for the man- you know, Wal-Mart. I have a cool job though. I get to do my thing and get paid very well. That happened July 5. Two whole months of waiting. I had extraordinary circumstances that made things take a little longer. But they ended up working in my favor. Though my job is hourly, I will get paid way more than I would have asked for with the previous salary estimate.

Money's cool I guess.

And I just secured an apartment. I haven't seen it -BUT- I saw the model apartments down here (close to home) that are just like it. I liked them. As it turns out that is all they would have shown me up there so I accomplished the same thing using less gas! The complex is close to work (small commute!!!), the walls are a soothing beige, and well(hate to be girly on this one) but it is cute. As cute as four walls, kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms can be. I can move-in on August 1st.

So I guess a sigh of relief is in order.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome news! You work for Wal-Mart...(eyes are glazing over)...I frickin worship you, man. That's my favorite place.