Sunday, May 21, 2006

Robbin' Robin

You know it is a shame when something bad happens to your property and all you can think of is how you might put a witty spin on it for your fellow bloggers to enjoy. Blogger has become a forum to broadcast the little happenings of our pathetic lives and we all revel in it. Except for those who have an account as a joke. You know who you are. ;) -"blogger" has been changed from Xanga.

I visited my friend Judea last nite. I miss her.

We went to Brauhaus. Yum. I've never had German food. I felt at home. Yay for hollandaise. As soon as I arrived I looked into the restaurant and had that dejavu feeling. I've dreamt about this place before. In the words of Nicole, "I'm...no joke." How is it possible to dream about places you have never been? Well it did happen. Weird instance #1.

Keep reading. It gets better.

Jues and I leave the Brauhaus. We had to stop off at her apartmento for a breather and loo stop. After we headed for the Wal-Mart. She needed to cash in a money order and wanted to continue to nag me about spending the nite when clearly I wasn't prepared. (no, I'm not as spontaneous as I need to be to fully enjoy life. Bite me. I'm working on it.) While at the Wal-Mart, we ran into Brenna who works at the Books-A-Million and had recently got off work. We talk about people we know there and Jues mentions a guy she knows and as if on cue, he walks up! (Jues had the "holy crap" look on her face. Those are priceless) Weird instance #deuce.

We leave there after she collected several random items including some Bartyles James Pina Coladas for under three bucks!!! Woot. But we did not partake of the purchased goods on this evening. I would say, "what a steal" but if you read on that just isn't right. We head for Starbucks and proceed to have intellectual differences of opinion on spontanaeity (sp?). Then Jues' friend from the K-LAZ shows up and tries to tell me his gig at the station is a janitor. He was joking. He was really a DJ. We also had differences of opinion about Sean Paul's music. I don't seek it out, mind you, but it does grow on you like mold. I wouldn't purchase on disc. And really there is no point as of current.

Then Jues and I go crusinin "the strip" of the Hot Springs. She danced in my car (my poor shocks! ;) ) and we played music loudly. I made sure the bass and treble were in proper order for our cruise. After making a pass we hit Malvern Avenue up and circle around past Boogies back to her apartment. I park my car in the lot across from Embassy Suites. *slaps forehead* Back to the apartment.

I learned one of Jues' songs. I can still feel the strings in my fingertips. I must say I have some respect for you guitarist out there. Jues said I have a knack for guitar. I picked up her piece very quickly. I do love music. I want to learn more of that. I did look a little like the Frau from Sound of Music. It was a good time. Jues even fell asleep. After a while I woke her up and we talked about car stuff coincidently. Oh credit too. And how one effects the other. At that moment in time I felt something was happening to my car. *shrug*

After we had said our goodbyes I told her to watch me leave. She did. I walk to my car and around to the driver's side. Yay for going home. Now to turn on my player....or not.

Who violated my car???? Did this happen??? How'd they get in??? I look for broken glass. Right back window. How pretty. Glad to know it was angry glass. I mean tempered. Do I still have faceplate? I checked my console for the little black box for the faceplate. Nothing there. Nothing there dope b/c if you had you wouldn't be having this mental conversation right now. Boo. Am I in danger?? Call Judea.

[insert violated sniffles here and incoherent non-sequitur to Jues] Did they take my camera. I'm pretty sure they did. But no. They were after the cd player. Oh thank God. And they politely left my cds and gimp pass. This is reason enough to filth-ify my car. Natural deterent on all fronts. Too clean I am.

The cop asks us how we're doing. What do you think? Bah. Yeah, I used language.

At least the thief was a neat one. Thanks for busting the back right glass. Made for a okay drive home. Thanks for not completely ruining my a/c set up. Oh and leaving the bounce-proof foam. I hate to tell you this, but--

JOKE'S ON YOU. That's right. As anyone who has been on a ride with me can attest, that player was a piece. It skipped much. Hope ya'll enjoy my ghetto-fab playa. I was happy with it b/c it was mine. I mad that you stole my pet. ALL appliances are pets to Robin Kidd. It probably misses me. I miss it. Provider of tunes. On this nite I drove home to the sound of Jues' voice b/c we both needed to stay awake on the way to our respective houses. I miss you already. Not looking foward to radio bueno especially if radio bueno is scratchy. I don't think it will be. I listen to the radio more anyhow. But yeah, skippy, I'll miss you.

that was instance #3. #4 was on the way out of town. Yup. We witnessed a hit and run to a sports car in front of Boogies. I feel you victim. #5 is the moon's color and angle. Pretty and creepy it was.

I've already rationalized how I was a victim. And it still sucks. I'm looking to be out $300 on the window alone. No skippy the second straight away. Bueno is cheepo and works for me. :) I also seem to have a sense of humor about all of this. I made up a song. But I'll spare you.

>: (

"Does broken glass have a smell because it smells like broken glass."- me to Jues last nite after the break in. (I swear I've smelled that smell before)

No comments: