Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let Me Entertain You...

I had hoped to chronicle the ups and downs of my jobless-ness here. But there have been more bummer moments than "let me make you smile" ones. In case you're wondering, I'm still in a holding pattern and it is not a place I like. I'd make a terrible pilot.

Not only have I neglected this little bloggity-blog but also have been busy. With my mom. Ooo something to do in said holding pattern! Eh, not fun. Read on.

She got sick in April and ended up having a major surgery that as one bedside mannerless hospitalist said in front of the newly day-old therapied mom and defensive daughter, "could have killed [her]" and "that most people in her condition don't make it." Way to start off therapy for us, bud.

She has made lots of positive progress since the final surgery. She can't see it but when I look back on the little timeline, she really has. Now for independence and hell-raising only a mother could enforce and yes, love. I want her to be mom. Not me. I did not sign up for this. (I have pre-recs in this recipe. You know add husband. Mix. Shake. Blend. Bake for four or so years. Surpise. Remove from oven, let cool. Feed when cries. Time out when backsasses. Beat and repeat for similar results for larger crowds.)

We take it one day at a time. It's tiring for everyone. In new and different ways. Just when you jump one hurdle, the challenge manifests itself in a different way. It's like whack-a-mole: Mom Edition. Hopefully, I will get a much-needed break soon. I had hoped for it this weekend but that got shifted due to my Dad's work schedule. Maybe next weekend? Branson, I have some making up to do. So says the burning Season Pass in my pocket.

In other news, a friend inspired me to blog about baking and another about my food ramblings. You know, I did pick on Coke Blak a while back. And I mentioned my love for Super Donuts on Facebook. I'm on the hunt for Gluten-free recipes and Sugar-Free as I have friends and family in both of those boats. I am big fan of organic things, natural remedies and creative solutions for lighter eating. So, if anyone reads this sad, forgotten blog- throw your ideas this way!!!

- >;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Write about whatever's in your head. I know some people who want to hear it. :)