• Green
• Carbon footprint
• Carbon offsetting
• Maverick
• First Dude
• Bailout
• Wall Street/Main Street
• Monkey
• <3
• Icon or Iconic
• Game changer
• Staycation
• Desperate search
• Not so much
• Winner of five nominations
• It’s that time of year again
I'm guilty of using < 3. It's a darn neat keystroke. But whatever! Got ideas for new banished words for 2010? Go here. I'm going to nominate rogue. Dang you, Sarah Palin! And i[anything]. I really think Apple should sue for copyright infringement on anything following i without a space, next word being capitalized. I don't know about you, but anything after i, next word capitalized would assume Apple product. You've got to watch out for posers.
Oxford suggest the phrases below are the most annoying. But this hasn't been updated since 2008.
- At the end of the day
- Fairly unique
- I personally
- At this moment in time
- With all due respect
- Absolutely
- It's a nightmare
- Shouldn't of
- 24/7
- It's not rocket science
Speaking of the office, we have a few of our own.
- "I'ma let u finish, but..."
- "Drank!" (from Black Eyed Peas, "I've Got a Feelin')
- "That being said..."
"I'ma let u finish" never gets old, by the way. It's classic. We generally use it to greet one another or interrupt. Or walk in front of people who are obviously talking. Use it like the interrupting sheep. Or Kanye.
"With that being said", see if you can find what year Fuzzy Math, It is what it is and Going Forward made the list. I hope to see going forward on bumper sticker one day. Right after I see "spare parts saved my bumper". (It's true. They did.)
>:)
2 comments:
I don't care what happens in life, I will always like the word 'rogue'.
But not the word that rhymes with it that starts with a "p". Everytime I see those cars I think of you... ;)
Post a Comment