Monday, December 28, 2009

Resolution in Reverse

I'm tired of resolutions. I mean, there's obviously got to be conflict to have resolution. My conflict with resolutions is that most of the time they are a waste of it.

So I'm changing how I view them. Instead of cutting behaviors and depriving myself I'm going to focus on what I'm missing out on to a certain doable level. Why kick habits? Why not replace them? With something positive.

Here are some of mine:

- enjoy more fruit. (with all of that yummy fruit around, are cakes, cookies and pies really the most yummy thing you can blow 300 calories on?)

- spend a little time writing more than a paragraph (instead of 140 characters and mouse clicks)

- enjoy a good walk about three times a week

- jump out of bed (that may be asking too much!)

- try something new in the crockpot

I'll probably add to this list. And let you know if I discover anything particularly delicious or interesting along the way. So far, I find raisins in my cream of wheat tasty. And I threw them in my salad tonite. Different texture that's for sure. Little Clementine oranges are a yummy snack and very peel-able. Oh that reminds me...

I've forgot all about Honeybells. Again. Drat.

>;)

1 comment:

Betsey said...

'Jump out of bed' is a good one.