Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Miss Cooking!

Greetings fans!

As of June 25, 2010, I started Jenny Craig. While I have lost 12ish pounds so far, I have also lost all creativity in the kitchen since frozen dinners/shelf stable dinners are my cuisine. Yes followers, I miss playing with recipes and eating my mistakes.

My call to you is to give me ideas of healthy ways to cook/spice up vegetables since that is all I can eat in excess. Until I reach my goal, the recipe train is coming to a hault for a bit. However, I will show you (in a later post) what I've been cooking so far though it is not all that creative. I find that I "burn" my food. I'm a southern girl so burning my food is as close to fried as I'm going to get!

Favorite things about new diet:
  • I always have a meal!
  • I don't have to cook when I feel tired.
  • Love veggies more. So much so that I threw a fit while in the middle of my house move when I learned the roomie threw the can opener in a box that was in our new town. Veggie fail. Can fail? Pre-planning fail!
  • Not being able to wear my jeans for more than a day
Not favorite things:
  • menu is limited...so I'm bored
  • can't really stray too much
  • the diet encourages Cool Whip (hydrogenated oil heaven) and sweetners (chemicals! blech!) and margarine (just one molecule away from plastic!)
  • I'm not that creative with vegetable preparation
  • feel uninspired to bake for others
  • most of my socializing has to do with lunch dates/dinner parties or the gatherings have food involved
  • water intake- 96 oz! Crystal Lite...well bored with that too!
  • having to find clothes to wear while I lose weight...I didn't throw too much out I don't think. But I might have...your guess is as good as mine as to where those clothes are since we moved.
I refuse to use Margarine. I limit the use of sweetners. And sugar. Sugar goes in coffee, not Splenda. No exceptions. And limited intake of diet sodas because somewhere, sometime someone's momma said they rot your bones. I'm sure they do. (And keep me awake at nite!!! Did you know Coke promotes drinking their Zero sodas? "Drinking coke is good for you!" they say. Coke- drinking you is not as good for me as drinking water. Don't argue with me. You know I'm right. You stick to the secret formula keeping and I'll visit you once in a while!)

Here's hoping I stay on track!

>;)

1 comment:

Karen Rebecca said...

grilled veggie kabobs are awesome. grilled corn on the cob... mmmmm