Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snowmageddon Aught 11: Installment 1

Here we are again folks. Snow time! This post brought to you by it, actually.

So far, this morning we have 4". Maybe more at this point. Too afraid to check. It's been falling at a rate of about 2" per hour. Re-donkulous. The flakes may be as big as my head.

I found myself among the crazies last nite. Grabbing. Snatching. Just because. I even started looking at items around the store as accelerants and kindling since the most obvious sources were snatched up. I got a bit scared at the local gas station. All I saw were 4x4 trucks with an average three red gas tanks each just filling them up. The local gas station also sells alcoholic beverages. And I saw the trunk of a Buick get filled. Hard times! ;)

Why I don't like Snow:

Snow is upsetting to me because of my inability to get around and be productive. I know that isn't entirely true. I can do things around the house. Like pack for my upcoming relocation. Another thing on my mind is lost wages. However, God takes care of me so no worries there. Just an aggrivating inconvenience. Reminds me of how spoiled America is. We want access to our stuff. Now. I'm so used to being a free agent that I think I'm losing touch of how to relax. So, maybe for me, snow days are sent to make me relax? Funny how much stress surrounds them. Especially on the work front. I end up front loading on projects to get them ready to hand off. Something breaks...and I feel like a klutz.

So, here I am. Staying off the road hoping to avoid the flickeries. (Flickeries = power flickering on/off. Or just off.) Guess I missed out on my favorite weather phonomena- thundersleet.


Until next installment...


> : )  (<-- this is a bug. Not an angry face)

1 comment:

michelle said...

Upcoming relocation? What? But didn't you just?