Saturday, July 16, 2011

Shake It Up. Bake It Up. Make It Up (as I go....)

I didn't think it was possible to miss my little blog. But I did miss it. A lot.

I did without "big webs" for four months. Go me.

140 characters and "tiny webs" just weren't enough. I have more thoughts than rapid-fire posting could contain. Sometimes, they are politically-passioned, reflective, how-to or whatever other category I'm leaving out. I knew when I created the blog there was no way it could just be one thing. But, if it ever does, you WILL know about it. And besides, a girl needs to just print a recipe from time to time. Not ask the Droid, with floured-digits, for recall and kill its little battery.(my apologies, Droid.)

So, let's get caught up. 7 months have flown by. Living arrangements have changed and I have added a fur-child to the mix. As of this week! Grayson Baxter joined the family on Sunday, July 10. He is a big, gray kitty cat that favors the Russian Blue breed. Nibbles takes after the Korat. Both are good-natured kitties. But Nibbles maintains princess rights and frequently reminds poor Grayson about it. He takes it pretty well. He still keeps coming back for more fun and games trying everything to get Nibbles interested. Again, if she feels like it, she'll take a swat at you son.

Grayson inches closer and closer to Nibbles. Oh, she sees you. Even in her dreams.

So with the new arrangements comes a large, fantastic kitchen. Holy. Crap. I've never had this much counter space. Already, it has been handy for cake decorating, pie-making and hand-crafted-coffee-drink creating. Love. Love. Love! Again, in case you didn't know it, God is blessing little ol me. Maybe I should have one of those house warming things. Or maybe house cooling would be more appropriate seeing as how the South is currently gripped by a relentless heat streak. Oy.


Behold. Pie. Apple Lattice!

Hoping to work on a new baking project soon with a friend. Always looking to conquer the various forms of baking. Pastry and cheesecake seem to elude me.
Lookin' good...

...and then it cracks and sinks. 
(Fortunately, the recipient loves whipped cream on top. And doesn't care how pretty it is.)


So yeah. This category is still on the baking bucket list.


Until next time....

> : )   <---- remember. This is a happy bug.




No comments: