Saturday, July 30, 2011

Apple and Granola Breakfast Cobbler: Crock Pot Creation

Before I get to the delicious cobbler, I want to ask my readers, have you ever got spam posts for comments? Didn't the captcha used to handle this? I don't see it anymore yet it doesn't hesitate to detain me from opening my email. Grr. It's frustrating knowing you've been spammed. Like some security went away.

Back to the cobbler. It's more exciting anyway.

By the way, if you don't use a Crock Pot to cook occasionally, you're only hurting yourself.This recipe is from the Slow Cooker Winning Recipes cook book.

Prep time: 5 minutes    Cook time: 6 hours on LOW, 2-3 hours on HIGH
  • 4 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sliced. (I used chunks.)
  • 2 cups granola cereal (I used Special K Lowfat Granola)
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon (I used Pumpkin Pie Spice)
  • Cream/half and half/vanilla yogurt

1. Combine apples, granola, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and cinnamon into Crock Pot.

2. Cover. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.

3. Serve hot with additional granola with cream/half and half/ or vanilla yogurt.

Makes 4 servings.


This cobbler is good for a weekend. But fortuanately, I have more for a weekday! It might be good for dessert too. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it calls to mind my Momma's apple crisp from my childhood!!! Yum yum.

This evening, I will be working a banana bread pudding. Never made this before. It comes out of my new favorite versatile cookbook, BH&G's The 9 X 13 Pan that Can! My beautiful friend, Betsey, sent this to me for my birthday! So far, I love it!!!

No comments: