I've reached a point in my life where I am asking that question. A lot.
Here I am, in my latter 20's thinking that by now I would have completed my awkward, beautiful portrait of life for Robin Leigh. You know the one. Me with happy husband and little one in a nice house staying home putting up with the antics of hide-and-go-seek with Cheerios.
Instead, I model things in 3D and have one of the coolest jobs in my company. And I'm just okay. Duplex. Kitty cats. And garage.
It might sound like I'm biting the hand, but I have to wonder what is next. Some folks move to a new thing every two years. 5 years ago, I thought that was rediculous. But, 5 years later (two roles later) I think that might be true for me. The layoff came at the right time, in fact. So, since I'm not really afraid of those now (relatively, speaking), I have to kick my own butt to do something.
I have many interests and talents. And no idea which way to go. I used to want to be a weather girl. Even toyed with a back way to get into that market. But, realized, realistically this was not going to happen my way. And, I don't like the hours, starting pay and other sacrifices. I'll just be a closet fanatic instead.
Don't get me wrong. I'm blessed. And in a good place. I just don't feel at all on fire for any one thing. I'm trying to be faithful. I mean faithful- trying to stick to my quiet time and commit to roles and try new things. I think 2012 will be a break out year if I let it.
I have shadows scheduled. And have picked up a few mentors. So, maybe some realization will happen as I meet with them. Until then, I aim to keep my head up. And beg not to be distracted.
* sigh *
2 comments:
hi Robin!!
where you were on march 31 and where you are now on October 11, 2012 are very different. :)
2012 definitely is a "break-out" year for you.
Love you!!! ~Karen ;)
So weird. It really was. I tried some other things for the fire. Still not on fire for any one outlet. But, I know this. My mission is to love on people. In my Robin-y way. To listen. Care. Hug. Stick by the sides of friends and acquaintances. So, if that's the mission. I accept!
Thank you, Karen, for being one of my first friends here. I was reflecting on that this weekend. Kindness and love go a LONG way. <3
Post a Comment