Sunday, October 02, 2011

Bacon, is good for me!

Okay. I was not inventive this week. At. All. * hangs head in shame *

This week's challenge ingredient was bacon. Glorious. Bacon.

And all I could think to do with it was make breakfast. Or a breakfast casserole. But bacon is so good in so many things. I felt like all week, I had access to it more than usual, though never having touched the turkey bacon in my freezer. Fail.


Some ways bacon teased me this week. And won.



1. Salad ingredient- just a dab of crumbles adds a rough and tough dimension most salads need.

2. Breakfast Monte Cristo- a delicacy from the work cafe. Well, actually, the sandwich had deli ham on it. Should have had bacon. (See photo below. Only because I wanted to maintain formatting.)

3. Eiffel Tower Sandwich- A Rick's Bakery special, this was hard to beat dipped in Bacon Potato soup! Yum!

4. Three Meat Pizza- Sam's Club would love the plug here. That pizza is covered in bacon crumbles. But, in case those aren't enough, add these, also for sale at Sam's in Texas-sized, resealable bag.


I won't lie to you and tell you I made Arkansas Green Beans. Just didn't get to it. However, I can tell you I have tried them. And they were DELICIOUS! So, without further ado, check out this recipe. You won't regret it!


Also, if you love bacon, you should watch this. It's hysterical. You'll be quoting this in your sleep.


> ; )


The Monte Cristo from work...it was just okay. Makes me a little sad. And miss Bennigan's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love bacon in green beans. May have to bookmark that recipe for the holidays! Thinking I'd prefer it with fresh green beans, though. I seem to have lost my taste for canned beans.

Sorry that you ran out of time this week... I'm looking forward to what you whip up next week, though! :)

Betsey said...

Aw, Bennigan's... :(